Monday, January 13, 2014

Winter Trees

I love snowy trees. Unfortunately, I live in an area where we don’t get snow. Ever. So I thought I’d make my own. 
These little cuties can make awesome little placecards for the holiday table, and use some very simple materials.
The trees are made of simple stacks of snowflakes – I used a glue gun to adhere the “branches” together. The tree trunks are old spools wrapped with twine and tinsel. One trunk is actually a tiny bottle filled with more Diamond Dust.
The key to the snow effect is the glue – I used the Helmar 450 Quick Dry because it is stringy! And that’s what you need for the dripping ice. Use a liberal amount and “hang” glue from branch to branch to create the look of icicles in the trees and add a good toss of the Diamond Dust. The Diamond Dust will harden in the glue strands, shake off the excess.
Just a tiny bit of winter magic for the new year. Stop back again, there’s always something new going on at the caravan!

No comments:

Post a Comment